Yesterday I had an interesting discussion with my flatmate and got one of the most clear definition of ethics. "Ethics are a set of rules followed by a society such that actions of an individual does not harm others."
Fathoming this definition, I thought then why do we harm animals or what gives us the right to kill animals and here comes the other explanation from our man. " Killing living beings who are not constructive helps the society. Most human beings are constructive or have the capability to be constructive and hence we should contribute to giving them opportunities to be constructive."
Though I respect his views I think that is one way to think about it. Animal in me believes "harming human beings can have a negative effect while animals are probably no more capable of fighting humans, hence as a society we have accepted that is is wrong to harm human beings while okay to harm animals."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Interesting...
Going by the ability to construct or destroy,I think man has only added to the destruction of this planet.of all lving organizms the homo sapien has been the least constructive in preserving life and an ecological balance..So humans should be the target of attack!!!!
Post a Comment